As we saw in the first module of this course, to be an effective supervisor you need good communication skills. Much of your job will involve communicating with your team. Whether you’re giving instructions, dealing with conflict, or helping a team member improve their performance, being good at communicating will make your job a lot easier.
The communication skills you learn in this module are the foundation for most of the other modules in the course. Take your time with the material and try and practise the skills as often as you can in your day to day job.
This module covers:
- what we mean when we talk about good or effective communication
- essential communication skills.
By the end of this module you will:
- understand what effective communication looks like
- develop some essential communication skills
- be able to apply these communication skills to your job.