Products of the Meat Processing Industry
The meat processing sector produces a wide range of products.
- whole carcases
- forequarters and hindquarters of beef
- legs, middles and shoulders of pork
- trunks and legs of lamb and mutton
- edible offal such as hearts, kidneys, livers and brains
- hides and pelts for making leather
- rendered or cooked meat waste, used to produce stock feed, fertiliser and tallow.
Boning rooms produce:
- bone in products like racks of lamb, T-bones and spare ribs
- boned products like fillet, rump and topside.