Work on Sandwich Panels
- Sandwich panel has been to cause of catastrophic events where sandwich panel has ignited undetected as the result of hot/cold work, drilling or hole saws, have been used.
- Where hot work e.g. welding, grinding, heating, burning, is to take place a Hot/Cold work permit is required in some areas refer to “Hot/Cold Work Permit” in the General OHS Manual.
Tag Out Lockout Procedures
- Tag out Lockout procedures must be adhered to, refer to OHS Manual
Work on ladders
- Only small power tools requiring only one hand to operate are to used when working on a ladder.
- Any ladder must not be climbed at an angle less than 4to1 or greater than 6 to 1.
- The person on a ladder must not reach further than arm length beyond the style of the ladder.
- No more than one person should occupy a ladder.
Use of Vehicles
- All drivers must hold current driver’s license and comply with road laws and regulations.
- Midfield will not be responsible for fines incurred by drivers failing to comply with road rules.
- Vehicles should be driven in a courteous manner to other road users that does not bring the Midfield name into disrepute
- No alcohol is to be consumed within 12 hours prior to driving Midfield Vehicles.
- All loads must be secure, no heavy items are to be carried within the cabin of the vehicle.
- No passengers other than Midfield personnel are permitted, without permission from management.
- Contractors must:
- Ensure that all personnel are inducted into site safety and emergency procedures
- All plant and equipment have hazard and risk assessments.
- That all personnel have been issued with P.P.E. appropriate to the tasks to be performed including high visibility vests.
- That job safety analysis is completed and approved by Midfield Meat Group management.
- That contractor vehicles are only parked on site subject to approval from Midfield Meat group management
- That all mobile plant operators are conversant with Midfield Meat Group traffic management procedures.
- Loading and unloading of plant and materials complies with Midfield Meat Group procedures
- Contractors are required to work in compliance with the maintenance safe work procedures
- Contractor visitors are only permitted when they are directly involved in the performance of the completion of the contract.